kvm display issue

Fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx:

Now that I have one machine up and running on F9, I am beginning to test connectivity with the rest of my LAN. While doing such, I noticed an odd behavior that I did not notice in FC5.

I have three Linux boxes (one F9, two FC5) connected via a Linksys WRT54GL with KVM (Belkin) display/input control and working before the F9 conversion of one machine (that's a separate problem). What I am seeing is that if I reboot the F9 system and have the KVM set to as different system, the F9 machine comes up in a screwy display mode (I liken it to thinking it is displaying on the oldest display settings it can find).

I thought (and this may be a fallacy) that when a system rebooted it used the last setting if it couldn't detect new or any hardware (my assumption is that the F9 system is going "hey, there's no display").

Do I need to visit my xorg.conf and do some "force magic" so that it will do such under F9?

I did a search of FedoraForum and found "http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=184284&highlight=kvm+xorg.conf";, but I have to admit I really don't understand it. It seems to me it is suggesting that I need to push the info into X startup and somehow that seems wrong as I would think the xorg.conf should be able to dictate action. But maybe the comment about "X startup" is one and the same and I am just not getting it.

Appreciate any help
Paul