RE: Backup Server RAID Suggestions - Resend

Thank you Gilboa and James!

Here's a little more information.

Someone gave me the de-branded HP Athlon 64 X2 PC. So I have a free PC
I'd like to turn into a NAS server. This doesn't have to be pretty just
functional and semi-cheap.

Since there isn't room in the PC case for the drives, let alone cooling
and power, I figured some external case/RAID storage box might do the
trick.

This thing doesn't need to be the fastest on the planet just reliable
and as inexpensive as possible. I need the money for lenses for the
cameras. ;o)

I've been looking at enclosures etc at www.pc-pitstop.com that use a
port multiplier.

These seem reasonable. Anyone know anything about port multipliers? Am I
missing something big here?

I'm definitely not an expert on raid storage.

Thanks!

Mike