Re: Keeping Firefox+Flash from eating your CPU

On 03Sep2008 16:03, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 13:59 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
| > Flashblock and Noscript are both good.
|
| NOSCRIPT is too good. I was unable to login to the web site of my
| Investment company. It took a while to realize that noscript will
| prevent you from logging in to any site without your specific
| authorization

This is a rather gross overstatement.

NoScript blocks javascript by default, and it is easy to whitelist sites you
decide to trust.

I've never had it "prevent you from logging in to any site without your
specific authorization"; it is not even clear what that means. Do you
mean form prefilling? Do you mean persistent cookies? Do you mean
javascript mediated login forms? Something else entirely? Some detail
about your problems would be informative.

Form prefilling is a security issue; it can let "onload" javascript
handlers steal your passwords from the prefilled form.

I run the "Secure Login" extension to control form prefilling and "CS
Lite" to control cookies.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743