Re: Internet speed

--- On Wed, 9/3/08, MKas <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: MKas <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Internet speed
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 2:11 AM
> Hello,
> I'm using 3g/hsdpa modem (ZTE MF620) to connect to
> internet. In windows my download speed is near 3.6mbps, but
> in Fedora 9 max speed only 490kbps and it's stable so I
> think it's somehow software limited. I'm connecting
> with kppp.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>

> --

Try wvdial.  Configure your modem with
# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

it should find the modem port which should be the same as in KPPP add the nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf, the ones that appear when you connect with KPPP and you should be good to go.  Worst case, You will connect at the same speed and you go back to KPPP.

Regards,

Antonio