Re: Sound Configurations

Diego Nascimento wrote:
Hi all,

i migrated to fedora distribution a short time ago and when i tried to set
the volume of the different outputs, i couldn't. Today i just can configure
the master volume.

How can i configure alsa to control the volume of all different outputs
separated?

Hi Diego,

If you right click on the "Speaker" icon and select "Open Volume Control" you will be able to "Edit->Preferences". From there it is possible to add and remove different input and output controls.

Unfortunately, there is no way from there to distinguish which are inputs and which are outputs and things don't always make sense (to me). For example, there is a "CD" input but it doesn't control my CD. My CD's volume is controlled by the "PCM" output.

hth,
Mike Wright :m)