Re: CNN Video - Flash

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:06:18 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> If it makes anyone feel better, Ubuntu Hardy, FF3, Flash plugin from
> Adobe...CNN Video doesn't work a lick. At least on Fedora, it tries to
> work (but does fail after a little while). Youtube does work though.
>
> Craig

Update:

Yesterday I uninstalled mozplugger and nspluginwrapper thinking they
might be the culprit. That didn't help.

Today I uninstalled completely java-openjdk-plugin and made Firefox use
Sun's Java plugin (libjavaplugin_oji.so) by creating the link in mozilla/
plugins (no alternatives).

Now CNN works beautifully (knock on wood)! Another site I was having
troubles with http://www.dbfx.com also works. It displays a table with
currency prices in real time, which I wasn't able to view previously. The
only site that I care about that I'm still having problems with is http://
www.citicards.com. The fault may be with the page itself (like made for IE
or something).

I imagine others who reported problems with flash are already using Sun
Java, and still have those problems. Uninstalling mozplugger and/or
nspluginwrapper on top of using Sun Java may or may not make a difference.