Re: OT question about Macbook (OS X) file systems

On Aug 19, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Dean S. Messing wrote:

I just purchaced a Macbook for my daughter as she's off to college
(required by the dept. she's in).  I'm wondering if OS X understands
the ext3 filesysystem.  In particular, will it properly handle
symlinks generated under linux? I wd. like to give her a USB disk containing an ext3 filesystem (that has lots of symlinks) with her 25 Gig organised classical
music library on it (done on an F8 system).

Thanks for your help.
Dean

Not out of the box.

I think this is the project I'm using to access my linux external drives.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/>

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@xxxxxxxxx>
ICQ#:         AIM#:            YAHOO: