triple-headed X configuration in Fedora using Xorg nv driver

Hi folks,

I just finished setting up a functional 3-headed display using Fedora 8 and the nv driver. There seem to be a lot more questions than answers out there on how to do this, so I thought I would share what I have.

The Monitors: 2 24" displays (left and right) with a centered 22" display in portrait mode (Great for PDF reading and document editing).

The video cards: 1 GeForce 8400 PCI-E, 1 GeForce 8300 PCI-E, 1 GeForce4 MX 4000 PCI. Relevant portion of lspci:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS (rev a1) 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8300 GS (rev a1) 04:03.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000] (rev c1)

The GeForce4 is powering the rotated display. Evidently randr rotate support via nv is only available on models before the NV80, so the PCI card is necessary for now. Hopefully I can pick up a faster alternative sometime soon.

Todo list:
Drop to 1 or 2 video cards with multiple outputs (Having trouble getting the driver to handle the displays separately) Bond some screens with either randr or xinerama so windows can move between them.
Figure out some extra flags to boost performance.

Other notes:
The NV 8300 is in a 4x PCI-E slot, mechanically modified to allow the 16x card to fit.

Attached is the xorg.conf.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc@xxxxxxxxxx
Section "ServerLayout"