Re: fonts in QT application (Skype)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:21:29 +0200
"David Hl____ik" <david@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When i open QT
> application - there are no subpixel rendered fonts

I'm fairly certain only GTK apps use the font properties
provided by the gnome-settings-daemon where all that subpixel
stuff is stashed.

Qt and KDE get their font hint info somewhere else
(like maybe a ~/.font<something> xml file). Might have
to run the kde control panel font settings to get
the proper info stashed where it is looking for it
(and I'm not sure the Qt toolkit will even do as
much detailed font fiddling as GTK will).