Re: Need application suggestions for ripping to Cowon A3 PVP

Mark Haney wrote:
> Dean S. Messing wrote:
> > I have little experience with CD ripping so your kind help wd. be
> > appreciated.  I have purchased a Cowon A3 (60GB) PMP for my daugther.
> > She has asked me to load up a selection of her classical music CD's
> > (83 of them!)  on the Cowon.  It does not use ID3 tags so I'll
> > organise things myself, probably by composer
<snip>

> Generally speaking any current CD ripper (in GNOME it's Grip isn't it?)
> and I use KaudioCreator in KDE will hit CDDB and give you plenty of
> options to fill in ID3 tags on the fly for those CD's you have.
> Assuming of course they aren't self created CD's.  That should be more
> than adequate for your needs.
<snip>

Thanks Mark.

I'm not actually even sure what "ID3" tags are.
I only know that the Cowon A3 does _not_ for
automatic searching and organisation (according to
reviews).

What I hope will happen is that the name of the files ripped will
contain what's on the CD jacket, stuff like

"Nocture no. 20 in e minor"

and not "track3"

Several months ago, before I returned the iPod I orignally bought her
due to it not working well with linux, I was told on this list that
I'd need to use an application like Amarok with it.

I exchanged the iPod for the Cowon for several reasons, one of
which was its "linux friendliness".

Will such an application be needed with the Cowon A3?

Dean