Re: printer advice

On Thursday 14 August 2008, François Patte wrote:
>Bonjour,
>
>I need a printer and I found two laser printers available where I am
>living now:
>
>Brother HL-2032
>Samsung ML-1630/SEE

I cannot testify about the samsung, but Brother has what I would call
excellent linux support, but you will need to get the correct set of ppd
files from their web page.  If this printer isn't there, there is an email
link to their support on the web page, and my query regarding an HL-2140 I
had just bought was answered quickly, competently and courteously, pointing
me at the correct file to download.  Self extracting, it installed itself in
the proper location to be found by a restart of the cupsd daemon.  Then it
was a simple matter of adding another printer profile at
http://localhost:631.

HTH.

--
Cheers, Gene