Re: laptop keyboard soaked by a soft drink!

bruce wrote:
Hi max...

I'd be inclined to feel the same way as you, except that I was using the
keyboard/system for a few hours after the spill, with all the keys working
(although the space key was sticky). It wasn't until I did the water rinse
that I got the issue with keys not working... I sussepct that if I had kept
on using the box, it would have kept working...

Although, i'm also inclined to think the box might eventually be toast...

Thanks

One of the common misconceptions is that if the hardware is faulty it won't work at all or if I spill something on it and it keeps working then all is well. It is certainly possible that that can be true but I have seen exactly what is happening to you, it works then fails outright or at intervals, its directly related to the spill, based on your statements so far I have no doubt of that and the boot issue is further proof. It may continue to work or it may not or it will work intermittently and fail randomly. Backup anything you can't stand to lose now.

-Max

--
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, I will allow my fear to pass over and through me. When my fear has passed I will turn my inner eye to mark its path and there will be nothing and only I will remain.

--Frank Herbert from Dune