Re: ogg to mp3 player

Frank Murphy wrote:
Put F9 on sons PC.
Now how do I direct him to put ogg files to his bog-standard player.
And have them played.

Can he convert his current mp3 collection to ogg?

Frank

Okay, part of that lost me, do you want him to be able to use OGG files on his portable MP3 player, or any media player in Fedora? If that's the case, I think nearly all included media players in Fedora have ogg codecs built in so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for converting mp3s to ogg that's pretty easy. A quick google turned up this little script, command line to convert:

mpg321 input.mp3 -w raw && oggenc raw -o output.ogg

I'm sure there's a way to script it so it converts a directory at a time.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support