To mount or not to mount, that's the question!

I am a bit confused.  I have a small audio/video collection
and it is placed in an NTFS file-system on a secondary disk,
and I noticed that it is fusefs mounted into the /media
directory.  The problem for me, is that I am unable to
set ownership and attributes (selinux) on this mounted
file-system.  I tried adding the AV directory via fstab
and onto /media/AV but apparently fusefs did not like
it.

How does one properly manage a fusefs and/or how should
the AV file-system be properly managed?  fusefs or mounts?

Another annoyance I noticed was that when I was running
Amarok, it sometimes wipes out the /media/<mounts> and
I could not figure out how to get it back nor keep the (certain)
mounts persistent.

I couldn't find the information on the Internet, so if anyone can
advise or guide me to the relevant docs, please do!

Thanks!
Dan