Re: Idle thoughts or question re: dual booting and grub default !?

Thanks once again Mikkel;

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 17:51 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;

> If you don't boot Windows often, and you normally want to boot Linux
> the next time you boot after running Windows, you could try Booting
> once-only setup in Grub. This is explained in detail in the Grub
> Info page, so I will not go into setup details. But what it does is
> tell Grub to boot a specific entry the next time you boot, and as
> part of the entry, it sets things back to the original default.
>
> Note - it does not look like Fedora has the grub-set-default script
> file talked about, but your script could write the
> /boot/grub/default file. I have not used this under Fedora, but I
> have done it under Mandriva many times.
>
> Another option, if you have ext2 support under windows, would be
> that not have the menu entry reset the default boot, but have a
> Windows script that changes the /boot/grub/default file.
>
> In any case, you are going to want to change:
> default=0
> default saved
>
> Mikkel

I found http://sidvind.com/wiki/GRUB:_Boot_another_OS_once because of
your post.  It seems to have everything I need.  A pointer in the right
direction and a suggestion of some google search key words or criteria
was all it took.

Thanks

--
Regards Bill;