Re: F8 vs F9

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to install a few new systems in the next
few weeks.  My requirements are: apache; C++ code
development; netfilter; KDE; openvpn; and above
all, stability.  I have heard a rumor that I might
be better off with F8 than F9.  Is this true?

Thanks,
Mike.

You know, those on this list may beat me up for this, but if you're looking for stability and least fuss, I'd suggest CentOS instead.  As someone else pointed out, Fedora is for people who want to get their hands dirty and try out the bleeding edge - and it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

Guys, I'm not dissing you, just suggesting what I think is the right tool for the job.  Not everything is a nail. :-)

--Russell