Re: FC9: can't find iostat command

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Stewart Williams wrote:
I am intregued by the "*/" in your yum command. Is that to make yum match the filename on it's absolute path?

Indeed.  If yum see the / in the patter, it will consult the file list
metadata.  Normally, yum tries to avoid using the file list metadata
because it is quite large compared to the other metadata.

Looks like it's definitely useful to know and I should now get the results I require.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think I've ever seen this in yum's manpage before. If not then why isn't it in a relevent(tips?) section?

Even though the yum manpages are good, I can't help but think manpages as a whole on Linux are not as informative as they used to be; especially newer commands and not to mention missing ones ... but that's for a different thread :-#