Re: F8 & F9 (i386/i686): Problems with sendmail & dovecot

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 22:37 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Keep your hardware clock in UTC. Everywhere. The most common cause of this is the clock is in UTC in Linux and the machine is infected with a trojan called "Windows" which defaults to local time. It will run hardware clock in UTC, you just have to slap it up aside the registry.

Going from what I've read, you can't get Windows to run in UTC.  There's
registry options for it, but system problems with attempting it.

I ran it for several years on Win2k and a year or so on XP. Actually the XP boot on one of my old laptops still works right and doesn't mess up Linux (FC4), so I will cautiously say that you can.

At any rate I believe that's your problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>