Re: How to swee youtube videos,

Björn Persson
>> Do you often receive emails that are encoded in UTF-8 but claim to be some
>> other encoding? If not, I suggest that you stop enforcing any particular
>> encoding. Let Thunderbird use the encoding that is specified in each
>> individual message, and all will be good as long as the messages adhere to
>> standards.

g:
> i tried that but type would change in size and i had to squint or lean
> back to read messages, along with stretching page sides. after going
> thru a lot of trouble, i have *all* settings to utf-8 and do best i
> can to figure out what crude is.

And that's your problem, the only characters that are compatible with
UTF-8, are the US-ASCII ones.  After that (character 127), there's
differences.  You have to use the correct encoding.

If you're seeing changes in fonts depending on the encoding used, have a
play with your client's font preferences.  You might have to manually
select font families for different encodings (named after localities,
rather than listed as ISO-8859-x specifications, in Thunderbird).  You
probably want to untick the option to allow messages to use other fonts.

Fonts issues are one thing I really dislike about Firefox and
Thunderbird, they've convoluted it all to hell, and use *pixel* sizes in
a disastrous fashion.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686