How to remove a user. Problems after firstboot crashed on F9

Having installed Fedora 9, I rebooted, and firstboot ran. Entered my Actual
name, then username, followed by password. After repeating password as
requested, firstboot crashed. It was late, and I'm not sure if the machine
was auto rebooted, or just locked up. Either way, when I next booted the
machine (and a lot of stuff skipped here) I ended up with a login screen,
which showed my real name, and hovering the mouse over my name said logging
in as djmons. That's ok, as it was the correct username, but entering the
password to login to Gnome just brought me back to the login screen. I use
KDE, so chose to login to KDE next, and got the following output.

Could not start kstartupconfig4.
Check your installation

This appears to be the result of firstboot crashing when setting up
user/password, as when I booted into runlevel 3, and tried to login as
djmons, I got the following output.

localhost login: djmons
Password:
No directory /home/djmons
Logging in with home = "/".

This is getting frustrating now, but su to root, and create a new user. I now
reboot, and the login screen shows one entry for my real name, and a new
entry for the new user I have created. Logging in to either Gnome, or KDE, as
the new user presents no problems, and can login to either Gnome, or KDE.

The question is. How do I remove the original user that was partially setup
before firstboot crashed.

If I run adduser, It says that djmons is already a user, but logging in as
djmons has no access to /home/djmons, as apparently the /home/djmons
directory does not exist.

How do I remove djmons, as a user from the system, so that he no longer
exists? Then I can recreate the original user (djmons), and hopefully be able
to access both Gnome and KDE.

I've never had such problems before with Fedora like this.

Is firstboot crashing a known problem?

Thanks for any help with this problem.

Nigel.