Re: defaullt directory for terminals.

* Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20080731 22:33]:
> Does anyone want to defend the change to ~/Desktop as the default
> directory in opened terminals, thus throwing away 20 or 30 years of
> Unix, Linux and Microsoft tradition?

You mean you don't have a key-combo that opens a terminal for you? ;-)

Joke aside, I've noticed the change, but this was actually something I
thought was broken in the past, and that it's now actually working the
way it should have done from the start.

Nautilus usually show you on the desktop what is in ~/Desktop - so why
open a terminal in ~/ when right-clicking the desktop and doing an
"Open in terminal window" (or what the exact wording is).

You can change what Nautilus shows on your desktop as well, so it uses
your ~/ instead of ~/Desktop. Then, opening a terminal with a
right-click should do what I think you are saying you want it to do.

Cheers,

/Anders