Re: telephone answering + voice mail + recording

Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:43:13 +0000
g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

would like to set up a system to answer telephone calls, voice mail,
record phone conversations for home use.

You could get a voice modem and use mgetty-voice.  I answer four telephone
lines and a fax line with that setup and old USR modems.

You can even do thing like random outgoing messages, or messages based on caller ID. (I had an interesting one for blocked caller ID.) If you really get fancy, you can generate a web page that displays the caller ID and information on the message, and has a link you click to play it, or delete it.

Mikkel