Re: a long rebuttal to the Linux-is-the-engine fallacy

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jul 29, 2008, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*And* BLAG can actually distribute a lot of the Free Software that
Fedora prefers to steer clear from.  *And* BLAG gives equal mention to
Linux And GNU.

So why don't you set up blag-list somewhere ?

Because (i) I'm not involved in BLAG, BLAG just happens to use
linux-libre (that I am involved with) and offer resources to help me
maintain it, and (ii) such a list already exists.

I don't see ubuntu people trolling this list, so why should you be
doing so ?

Moo.  Who's the bully here, threatening to take things up to my
manager who had explicitly approved of my use of the Red Hat e-mail
address to promote software freedom even in Fedora lists?

Suggestion: how about you demand those who support *your* point of
view to shut up, so that I will then not have to keep correcting them
to provide Fedora users with at least a balanced view?

It says a lot about a person when he demands with such force that only
those who oppose his point of view shut up.

Hmm - I saw a reasonable request not to use your RedHat account for your extreme views. It looks like you have a hard time telling the difference between promoting software freedom, and what you are doing. You can express your views, but by using your RedHat account, you are implying that your views are RedHat's views on the subject. So I see asking you to post your views using a private account and taking it to your supervisor when you persist, a responsible act, not "bulling".

Mikkel