Re: mount windows share

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Monday 28 July 2008 20:07:50 Seann Clark wrote:
Looking at the list
replies it looks like they are talking of mounting a share in Windows...

I've no idea why, but as far as I know you can't use samba client without setting up samba server.

Anne
That is strange. I don't have the SMB server running on my PS3 and I have no problem using the cifs to mount shares. It may be based on the version as well, but I don't know. My primary share system is a Samba PDC, so mounting from that isn't a problem, so I have a music folder at /var/media/music and have it shared in the Windows world as /music and I can mount that in both linux and windows using SMB.

On the other side of things, my secondary server that doesn't have Samba configured or running can mount both that share, and /windowsbox/c$ among other share.

~Seann