Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

> From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: that old GNU/Linux argument
> To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 01:41:36PM -0500, Les Mikesell
> wrote:
> > Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >> But GNU utilities exist in *BSD camps as well, and
> the name GNU/*BSD is
> >> not used or required.  A page explains that since
> Linux Distributions
> >> are more popular than *BSD distributions, it makes
> much more sense to
> >> attach to a more successful project.
> >
> > Not to the same extent.  The BSD's maintain their
> own versions of the c
> > library and most userland tools so as to provide
> everyone with
> > unrestricted copies in yet another waste of time and
> effort dictated by
> > the GPL.
>
> Actually, that's the BSD maintainers's choice,
> dictated by irrational hate[1]
> of the GNU GPL.
>
> [1] at least from some, extremely rude and hypocrit, folks.
>
> Now, I join other calls to stop this endless discussion.
> Les Mikesell or
> Antonio Olivares aren't worth it, Alex.

<rant>
You are very much worth it!  What makes you any better than me or Les Mikesell?  This has nothing to do with the discussion, but more of a personal attack because we do not agree with your purist ways.  You are not even pure yourself.  Only one was pure and that was Jesus Christ.
</end of rant>