Re: Misunderstanding GPL's terms and conditions as restrictions (was: Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?)

Antonio Olivares wrote:

I know I will hear some comments, but these are some of the reasons why many developers try to avoid the GPL. Here's probably the strongest case against it.
 The GPL is an  "universal receiver" of software from other licenses but it does not allow GPL code to move towards other projects.

No, it's worse than that. The GPL restrictions even prevent receiving code covered by licenses that require the original attributions to be maintained, like the original BSD, MPL, and CDDL licenses, so much freely available work has to be repeated, generally forcing the users to repeat the debugging.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx