Re: Last kernel Update (2.6.25.11-97) breaks wlan (iwl4965)

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Björn Persson wrote:

I guess the firmware package hadn't yet reached the mirror you used when you
upgraded the kernel. Later, when you ran yum update, the firmware package was
there, or maybe Yum chose another mirror.

The problem is that the iwl4965 firmware package was out about a week before the kernel package appeared, so if the kernel was on a mirror, the firmware package would be on that mirror as well. I think it is actually a bug in PackageKit.

	Michael Young