Re: kde-4.1 coming soon to f9/updates-testing

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 22:19 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 21:20 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> A kde-4.1-rc2 update is queued for release to fedora 9's updates-testing
> >> repository.  It is meant for testing the upcoming KDE 4.1 release and to
> >> filter last-minute bugs.  Please help test and offer feedback.
> >> http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-6743
> > Should those of us using unstable and unstable-all from kde-redhat block
> > these now in order to resync with the main updates repo?
>
> shrug, that's up to you, see also:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4888B4C9.3030009%40math.unl.edu&forum_name=kde-redhat-users

Well, naturally it's up to me, but I was hoping for some insight into
the relationship between the various repos. I started using kde-redhat a
few weeks back in order to get a preview of KDE 4.1, and it has gone
pretty well all in all. What I'd like to know is if there'll be some
kind of transition period (as happens between Rawhide and the next
Fedora release) during which changes to kde-redhat are frozen and people
decide whether to continue on the bleeding edge or return to the
"official" updates. I don't know if I'm making myself clear here, but
what I want to avoid is a situation where I block kde-redhat and
suddenly find a lot of broken dependencies.

poc