F9: Network address problems

All, I have had issues with Fedora lately (past 4 version now) that most of the time I have gotten past after a while, but don't have anything uniform to solve this. Here is the situation:

When installing a new system to replace an old one, I set up the new system with it's own unique IP address (say 192.168.1.5) while keeping the old server online to serve traffic (say 192.168.10.2). After getting the new system up and online, tested Q/C'ed and ready to deploy, I take it off the network and re-IP it. No big deal. What I do to do this is:

ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.240

vim /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
and make changes as appropriate. After that I adjust all the programs to use the new address and test them with it as well. It works perfectly... until a reboot...

Usually what happens is Fedora will boot happily, for the most part, but network socket Dependant items, like ssh, httpd, mysql, radius, ldap, etc fail when coming online since there is no IP address assigned that matches what they were configured for (the new/changed IP). When I re-run the network script in init.d (or service network restart, same thing) everything network wise comes up fine, no problem. It is just on boot that it fails.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could have missed, and/or what I could improve with this?

Regards,
Seann