Re: Adding Drivers to the Live CD.

Nathan Woodruff wrote:
<snip>
Last week we had a power failure over night. The UPS's ran
for about 2 hours and then POOF no power.  None of us even though about
checking on the servers that night. When our company finally got power the
next morning, the Fedora server would not boot completely.

you are running a server on an ups and not using 'powerd'? not good. you
should get it working for your next storm and loss of power.

all my boxes are on ups. i do not leave them on when i am away, so i
have not implemented auto shutdown, and can not advise you of setup. i
do have it setup on client systems, but it has been a while and i do not
recall procedure.

i well imagine that there many on this list that can lead you thru it.

I need to add Adaptec's driver to the Live CD to be able to recover this
data. But every tool that I have available to me can not read the .IMG files
on the Live CD in order to add Adaptec's Raid driver.

*.img*, have you thought that this might be an *iso* file? try renaming
to 'filename.iso' and see if it will loop mount.

--

tc,hago.

.