Re: F8 NetworkManager going crazy at startup

Christoph Höger wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 23.07.2008, 16:18 -0700 schrieb Konstantin Svist:
Hi,

I've noticed a problem with NM recently (might've happened after a system update, not 100% sure when it started). When I log into KDE, NM starts connecting to the network. It used to connect eth0 if it was available, but nowadays it seems to both do that and attempt connecting to the wifi access point as well (or instead). After some chaotic motions on my part it settles down and connects eth0.

What makes it do that and how do I make it stop?

Thanks

Right Mouse on nm-applet -> edit connections -> your wifi connection ->
edit -> disable automatic start should do.

You mean set the wifi connection to manual?
The great thing about NM so far was that it automatically chose between the multiple connections -- and ethernet always had priority unless overridden by hand. If it'll be manual from now on, what's the point?

My *workaround* is right-click on nm-applet -> uncheck enable wireless.