Re: Adding Drivers to the Live CD.

> It runs the usual list of things that are okay and one or two that Failed.
> But it comes to a blank line and halts. I can't get a bash prompt.

Boot with "init=/bin/sh" as a grub option. You'll get the initial set up
done and nothing else and then a shell as the init process.

Dependng how messed up the box is you may be able to boot with "linux s"
to get to single user. Hard to say as you don't say what it gets to
before the blank line and halt.

>From the init=/bin/sh you have no job control, no udev and the like so
its a bit exciting but it is sufficient to bring up bits of a box by hand
and get data off.

The joys of binary only modules.

Alan