Re: Creating a default keyring with passwd.

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 08:57 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> If you delete the contents of ~/.gnome2/keyrings it starts over at the
> >> beginning. It is supposed to ask you to create a password at some
> >> point, or just use your login password, I am not sure what.
> >
> >> Dave
> > I tried this with no success. Which leaves me with the following
> > questions:
> > 1. Never before has evolution asked for keyring to store a passwd. I
> > mean in versions before F8. How is one supposed to use evolution? No
> > keyrings are defined at this point.
> > 2, What is the name of the default keyring which evolution thinks exists
> > and how do you set its passwd?
> >

> I use the keyring manager to deal with that. I only set it up on the
> laptop to store the wireless key which is quite long. It burped a few
> times when I first set it up but its been good for a while now. It
> actually holds keys to a few access points that I have used. Its been
> working quite well for me. I know that some have a less enthusiastic
> opinion of it.
>

> -Max
Ok, keyrings in conjunction with NM have worked before on my laptop.
However to answer my questions as I got evolution to work. Evolution
wanted the passwd to the default keyring. After fooling around with
gnome-keyring-manager I determined that the keyring wanted was named:
default-keyring. How is one supposed to know that? Another strange thing
when I created the keyring with gnome-keyring-manager it was set up with
a passwd. However when I used evolution I had to create the passwd for
the keyring all over again.

I can't believe that I was the only one to have this problem using F8.
What did the rest of your do? Does F9 work differently?