Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares wrote:

Not all the modules are GPL, there is one GNU/Grub. I use the source and build it according to rules of creating modules for Slax. Is there any chance I can get sued because I created those modules? Am I violating any GPL rules when I posted those modules on the Slax website? The sources are freely available, the build scripts is contained within each module, does that satisfy the GPL?

If you distribute binaries, the GPL requires you to distribute sources of any covered work to anyone who gets them or provide them with a written offer to supply the source at a reasonable cost of copying any time for the following 3 years. For on-line distributions, making the source available for download is normally considered sufficient.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx