Re: FC8: Using Sqlite3 in OpenOffice, with or without ODBC

M. Fioretti wrote, On 07/22/2008 12:28 PM:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 10:12:24 AM -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:

yum -C info *odbc* |grep -i lite
shows no output, so you'll have to build from source.

as I mentioned at the beginning, I have no possibility to build from
source on this computer right now, but thanks for the great summary,
I'll use it as soon as possible.

Do you not have another F8 box around some where?
[About to assume you are new to fedora, please forgive.]
If you have another F8 box you could do the build there and transfer the rpm's over with a USB stick (or CD or DVD or [shudder] floppy) and just do the install portion (rpm -ivh) on the final machine. And for most internet facing servers having the build environment on another system is IIRC considered a bit more secure.

Of course I did not Google for sqlite3 and OpenOffice.org, so there
may be other ways. :)

I did, and no, there aren't other ways, not in plain view anyway.

Thanks,
			Marco

--
Todd Denniston