Re: F8 - Error in xine installation failure

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:50:07 -0700, Barry wrote:

At the end of Xine installation got messages below;

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/libxine1.mo from install of xine-lib-1.1.12-2.fc8 conflicts with file from package xine-lib-1.1.8-4.fc8

Error Summary

As a result the Xine installation failed.

x86_64, right?

Even if you answer "no", it smells a lot like you have multiple
versions of xine-lib installed.

Run "yum -y install yum-utils" if you haven't got them already.

Then run "yum-complete-transaction ; package-cleanup --cleandupes"
as superuser.

I install yum-utils and then run ;
yum-complete-transaction ; package-cleanup --cleandupes
No unfinished transactions left.
Setting up yum
No dupes to clean

-------
And then after that I yum installl xine again, however the installation failure still same as before.
------
This is a very very odd case;
The Xine and mplayer, vlc were all working fine in this system running with F8 64bit dual boot with Vista.

I wiped out F8 and installed F9 from scratch, found that I preferred f8 better.

I wiped out F9 and fresh installed F8 again with Livna enabled, but yum installation for mplayer, xine, vlc all failed deal to lib conflicts. I used another F8 DVD with media check verified ok and wipe out again to do another fresh F8 installation - And the result was the same - Installations for xine, mplayer,vlc failed mainly caused by lib conflict as both xine and mplayer reflected.

In order to verify if my hardware has problem, so I wiped out F8 again and fresh installed F9 the 2nd time, I use livna to install xine, mplayer and both worked fine.

I wiped out the F9 and did the 3 rd time F8 fresh installation (Formatted every linux partition during installation process), and then I used livna first, the installation of mplayer and xine failed again due to lib conflicts. So I disabled livna and used freshrpm - This time the mplayer yum installation works at lease can play DVD movie although I found that playing web radio is not functioning, but yum install the xine still failed because of lib conflict. I noticed that when shutting down the system, there is an error message "STOPPING IRQBALANCE FAILED"

The whole past week I Wiped out F8 3 times for fresh installation and still getting same issue, other function seemed working fine.
The F9 can yum install xine and mplayer.
The Vista is working ok.
I've got stuck, very very strange.
This system is an Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, Intel motherboard DQ35JOE with onboard HD sound with dual video output, 4G DDR2. Configured to run RAID 0 stripping. I used this system for first install of F8 when it just came out everything was working perfectly Ok.