Re: Problems ejecting cd/dvd media on F9

g wrote:
and what do you do to stay operational? if you trash an install with
an upgrade then you are either taking time out to install your backup,
if you have one, or you are fighting to find out what is wrong with
upgrade.

Worst that has ever happened to me was my FC3 boot got trashed during an FC4 upgrade. I ended up moving to an FC5 pre-release in order to fix it. My FC5 to F8 upgrade didn't go to well either, but a few days of "yum update"ing each package got me back in line. Funny thing though, at no time was email, httpd, or the network broken.

Previous to Fedora, there were times when an install CD wouldn't work at all in some RH releases, but I could always do the "rpm --update" (which is how I got from RH 7.3 to RH9).

I had even more fun when I upgraded an FC6.i386 laptop to F9.x86_64! I used an F9 pre-release DVD, and finished with a couple of sessions removing all the old .i386 packages I no longer needed.

I always read the release notes before I start (including those of releases I'm skipping).

You think maybe I've just been lucky?   B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx