Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> I've never, ever, misunderstood someone because they use the term
>> "Linux".
>
> So, if someone said "I'm a Linux developer", you'd immediately know
> that the person:
>
> a) wrote some code present in linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2

Well, no-one has ever said that to me.
I probably don't move in the right circles.
But if they did, I would assume they were writing code
which was intended to run under Linux (or GNU/Linux, if you prefer).

However, this was not the main import of my posting.
This was that the term "GNU operating system" which you used
_is_ ambiguous to me.
I genuinely do not know what you mean.