vim setup question

Hi All;

I'm working on several client Linux servers (Fedora, RH, CentOS, etc) and I've setup my own profile like this:

I have my own special bashrc that I source on each box which amoung other things has a alias for vi:

alias vi="/usr/bin/vim -u ~/.myvimrc"

This works pretty nice since it calls vim with my own vinrc file (~/.myvimrc) which looks like this:
set background=light
set nohlsearch
set ai
syntax on

On my laptop I also have a .vim dir which sets the syntax highlight colors I like. Is there a way to have a .vim dir that is only applied when I call it (similar to how I reference my ~/.myvimrc ?

I want to do this so I have the settings I like while leaving the settings as is for others who login with this same userid.

Thanks in advance

/Kevin