Re: I need help with Fedora

On Sunday 20 July 2008 21:52:18 aakash sharma wrote:
> Dear Anne,
>
> Is puppy linux a trusted one?
> I mean is it popular like redhat?
>
> I wanna stick with Fedora and Redhat.
>
> Rest all are not so much used in companies.

Puppy is one of the smaller distros, generally recommended for older hardware,
or where, as in your case, there is a lack of resources.  It's well regarded,
although none of the small distros are as popular as the big ones.  All the
same, you will be able to learn a lot from it.  Basic Linux is the same on
all distros.

Take a look at http://www.puppylinux.org/.  They have a forum, too, where
you'll be able to get specific help.

Use the next few months to learn linux from there, and come back to Fedora
when you can get the extra RAM.

This is just my opinion, remember, but I hope it helps you.

Anne