Re: KVM Hypervisor

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:15:29 -0400
"Alex Katebi" <alex.katebi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like Dell laptops but there is no information regarding hardware assisted
> virtualization (Hypervisor).

First, it is important to note that I may be completely wrong :-),
but I don't think anyone makes chips any longer without the virtual
support instructions, so odds are good that any machine made in the
last few months will do all the VM instructions.

Second, you'll get all the purists upset if you use the term
"hypervisor" in association with KVM :-). The whole point of KVM
is that it isn't a hypervisor, it is just regular old linux.

P.S. If you want to get fanatical, I bet you could find the details
of which cpu chips are used in the support section of dell's website,
then cross reference that with the intel docs to verify the chip
has VM support.