configure:26067: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX

>Post your errors.  Then and only then someone may respond if they know what
> you can try :)

Well, we are hijacking a thread here, but here is a snippet:

>configure:25733: checking for library containing glAccum
configure:25774: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lX11
>&5
/tmp/ccmFvTW9.o: In function `main':
conftest.c:(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `glAccum'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:25780: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "gmerlin"
| #define VERSION "0.3.7"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| #define SIZEOF_LONG 4
| #define SIZEOF_FLOAT 4
| #define SIZEOF_DOUBLE 8
| #define HAVE_VASPRINTF 1
| #define HAVE_LRINT 1
| #define HAVE_LRINTF 1
| #define HAVE_DECL_MSG_NOSIGNAL 1
| #define HAVE_DECL_SO_NOSIGPIPE 0
| #define ENABLE_NLS 1
| #define HAVE_GETTEXT 1
| #define HAVE_DCGETTEXT 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
|    Use char because int might match the return type of a GCC
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| char glAccum ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| return glAccum ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }

And there are several more similar function not found failures, and they
culminate in:
configure:25903: checking for library containing glXChooseVisual
configure:25944: gcc -o conftest
conftest.c -lGLU  -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lX11  >&5
configure:25950: $? = 0
configure:25978: result: none required
configure:26023: result: yes
configure:26067: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX

Both of which are fedora installed versions along with the -devel matching
header files in /usr/include.

Thanks Antonio.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I saw on the fedora portal

http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=ASC&topic_id=59474&forum=10&move=prev&topic_time=1216458578

In another thread they mentioned that

mesa-libGL-devel package. needed to be installed

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-151812.html

# rpm -qa mesa*
should return the devel package if it is insalled :)

There is another thread that may help

http://www.illawarra.org/linux/index.php?id=howto

If the above fails, what are the locations of the programs so that ./configure can find them, they should offer an option to select the directory

Regards,

Antonio