Re: GNOME panels misbehaving

Andre Costa wrote:
Hi,

I just installed F9[*] and I am experiencing some weird behavior: I
like to swap GNOME panels, leaving the one with the window list applet
at the top, and the one with the menu at the bottom. It works fine
while my session is running, but if I log out and then back in, the
panel with the menu (which should be at the bottom) is stuck at the
top, right below the other (that should indeed be at the top). If I
try to change its position to "bottom", it simply refuses and stays
there...

So far I have given up and am using the one with the menu at the top,
but it is of course humiliating to be defeated by an applet ;-)

Anyone else experienced this? Any workaround? Should I file a bug report?

Hi Andre,

I have added panels I put images in, and I stack and move them around. The order seems to persist for one reboot, then the panel with widgets seems to migrate to "the edge", as though it prefers to be there.

But I can reorder them again.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-July/msg00988.html

Could be a similar issue. I could do this and have them stick forever in F7.

---
John