Re: Newbie Warnng! : Fedora Core Offline Updates

* Robert Bernabe <rbernabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20080716 07:58]:
Hi all,
  Many thanks in advance.  We are investigating Fedora Core right now
and one of the concerns is that the FC system will not be connected (or
allowed to connect to the internet). All updates will have to be done
offline. Is there a central place to check for updates to download for
offline installation? Is there a compiled tar file for this anywhere?
We are trying to google right now and just thought to ask...if the
answer here is RTFM then I'm sorry.

You may be able to rsync just the part of the repos you need, and then
keep a local copy of that.

Here's two URL's I found (not read them in-depth) that seems relevant
to what you want to do.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring/Tiering
http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article/yum_article/node15.html

It's a start, and should give you an idea at least.

thanks...