Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

Les Mikesell wrote:

If they were compiled under cygwin/mingwin they could be windows binaries. That doesn't justify changing their name.

I think it's pretty clear that you're arguing to have the last word. Your arguments have become nonsense. No one is suggesting that the names of any applications to "GNU" just because they were built on GNU.

What we *are* advocating is that the GNU/Linux operating system be referred to as GNU/Linux because GNU is the name of the project whose goal is to provide a complete Free Software operating system. All of the thousands of developers who have contributed their code to the GNU project agree that the name of the operating system is "GNU". If you think you're better qualified than they are too tell them what to call their software, then you're much too far out of touch for any of us to convince you otherwise.

And so I say Good Day, sir.