Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

Wireless firmware inclusion I'd imagine.

How is it that Fedora is not on this list?
http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions

gNewsSense just recently came around and they are on the list. What's
up with that?

(please don't top post, thanks.)

wireless firmware inclusion? in what way? AFAIK, you still have to download the broadcom drivers after the fact. has that changed while i wasn't looking?

My opinion is that it's political in nature. GNU doesn't like Red Hat and, by extension, anything that Red Hat contributes to. OC, I have absolutely no proof nor reason for this opinion. But it's a gut feel.

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure