Re: F7 aarrghh : how get gnome back?

Beartooth wrote:
I have an oldish (four or five year) machine, which I thought had major mechanical failure -- it would boot from any live CD, but not from the hard drive. Then a young friend who speaks hardware came and ran tests on it. He concluded that it just wasn't up to F9.

	So I DBANned it, and installed F7 from a live CD I still had.

I've been tweaking the install with pirut -- and frequent reboots to be sure I hadn't broken anything. On the last one, logging in as user, I decided to make sure it not only brought up Gnome, but had Gnome as the default session.

I got a little hasty and careless, hitting enter to soon -- and *very* inadvertently made the default session KDE, which I happen to be intensely allergic to.

I can't remember the exact name of the app that lets you change -- and KDE is acting as if Gnome either didn't exist, or were taboo.
	What do I do to get Gnome back onto the login session menu??

switchdesk?  Get it from yum.

Bob