Re: KDE hosed - no display

Anne Wilson wrote:

What happens if you boot to run level 3, login, and issue a startx?

It tells me that the server is already active. I have removed the lockfile, but it made no difference.

Now that is bizarre. Going to level 3 should not start anything related to X or any window managers.

Also, not clear from the above if restorecond is complaining about
/etc/resolv.conf or what "(/etc/resolv.conf) Invalid argument" means.

You could determine the inode if resolv.conf and check to see how many
hardlinks for it exist.

I haven't a clue what this is talking about, but since I have selinux in permissive mode it shouldn't be interfering with things, I think/hope. I'm leaving this one alone until I get X sorted out.

OK...  Not sure how, or if, the resolv.conf is related to your display issue.

Just in case, I renamed xorg.conf, so that F9 could do its own thing. That didn't make any difference, either.

Hummmmm..... Stumped at the moment. May have to sleep on it...and hope someone comes to your aid. :-)