Re: Any suggestions for Really Annoying Alarms !!? -- [SOLVED]

Chris Jones wrote:

1) install kalarm
2) build myself a "Bruno" script that uses crontab to 'shutdown' for
those times when I just gotta go.

Whilst I cannot test it right now (at work, others using my machine etc.) I suspect option 2) can also be achieved using also kalarm. When creating a new alarm under 'Special Actions' you can configure pre and post alarm commands to be run.

Actually, its even easier than that. Just change the action type from text (i.e. pop message) to Command, and then run shutdown. Alternatively select File which I think allows scripts to be run, which can do whatever you want.

No need to muck around with crontab, unless you want to.

Chris