Re: How to change LBA48 addressing capability

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 08:25 +0000, g wrote:
> Dan Hensley wrote:
> > There are no jumpers on the drive, and I don't think I've ever had one
>
> i would believe bill is leading you in right direction to check drivers
> between fc6 and f9.
>
> maybe even pull down source and contact who wrote them. to lose that much
> storage, it would have to be something driver related, and a bug that needs
> looking into.

Well, strange things have happened.  During my transition from FC6 to
F9, I had disconnected a 3rd drive in my system, an EIDE drive.  While
it was disconnected I was experiencing the disk problems with my 2nd
drive.  So I plugged the 3rd drive back in, and now the 2nd drive is
behaving perfectly.  So it seems like this problem is due to some kind
of strangeness in the BIOS.  I have an Asus board.

Oh well.  At least it works now.

Dan